Schools are naturally extremely busy throughout the day and as a result the amount of time school staff spend dealing with school uniforms has become a burden to many.
School Business Managers are getting wise to the huge benefits a retail outlet can provide for their school community including; zero financial outlay for stock and not having to allocate office staff with the responsibility of dealing with parents and their uniform needs and concerns throughout the day. This is a huge burden in the summer when the school is trying to prepare for the year ahead!
Online purchasing offers an option for some but comes with the headache of using a current visa/debit card, a delivery time (7-14 days), a delivery location and the inconvenience of sending back items that don’t fit or are wrong, coupled with the summertime push when many online companies fail students and parents by sending items late and long after school has begun or in some cases, not at all.
As a professional outfitter we are often amazed at the level of expectation some schools have of their suppliers especially when students receive items so late into the school year. Starting school is a nerve-wracking experience at the best of times and to have to endure the opening weeks of school without a school uniform is in our eyes absolutely shocking, yet companies do it and in many cases get away with it, and most surprisingly, continue to serve the school albeit poorly and without an understanding of the communities they are serving or the negative impact they have had. Many cases of bullying emanate from appearance and looking different to a peer group.
At Rawcliffes we understand the Hull community and its needs. As a premier retail outlet we provide the following advantages that in our view and as has been attested by many, are a real winner for your school and most importantly, with your school community;
- Rawcliffes carry stock in the shop, we order in bulk and are able to service customers on the spot, no waiting time and with cash or card.
- Rawcliffes carry the schools entire uniform stock, staff it and service your community.
- Our prices are extremely competitive and often surprise schools when enquiries are made.
- Customers can try on garments in the shop to make sure they fit properly. If business managers or uniform staff take time to look at a lot of schools who have online purchase the uniforms are often ill fitting and look poor. Why have a uniform to represent your school if it doesn’t look very good?
- If Rawcliffes are out of stock, we have supply chains that can have items in store within three working days.
- We allow parents to lay items to one side and pay in instalments. We do this discreetly, with minimum fuss to allow parents to spread the cost over a period of time at their convenience.
- Our products are always the same, we only use the same trusted suppliers and do not vary. As a licensee of both Trutex and BMB we have priority ordering ensuring we don’t run out. The items we sell last considerably longer than the cheaper brands on the market today as many testimonials on this website show.
- We are open six days a week and can always be contacted. The staff serving in the shop have over twenty years of retail service between them, are local and love serving the community.